This is how we clean our fruits and veggies. Eat clean and make sure your food is clean of pesticides by soaking in vinegar. Fruits and vegetables with tough skins that you remove (like pineapple, banana and orange) don’t carry the same risk of carrying pesticides as fruits with skins that you eat (like apple, tomato, pepper, cucumber).
Guacamole and fresh veggies are a favorite snack of ours. This “crunch and dip” combo now satisfies that unhealthy “chip and dip” addiction we once had. You also are fueling your body some super foods; avocado, garlic, lemon and of course fresh vegetables!
Veggies in their RAW form provide the most nutrients for you, so eat them raw and ripe as much as possible (same goes for any food). When cooking though, don’t overcook them. Here’s a cheat sheet for you!
Our clean version of a Shamrock Shake: (tastes like the real thing, and it’s good for you!)
-1 can coconut milk
-3 tablespoons pure raw organic honey
-1 cup of ice
-1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
Aaron’s Most Delicious Bacon Brussels Sprouts
(Feeds family of 4)
~1 bag of Brussels sprouts
~1/2 cup organic honey
~2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette
~1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
~1 teaspoon salt
~1 teaspoon pepper
~8 slices of bacon
1. Cook bacon in oven at 375 for about 10 min or until crispy. Set aside bacon on paper towel to cool. Save bacon grease.
2. Chop Brussels sprouts in half and cut off ends.
3. In a bowl toss Brussels sprouts, bacon grease, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. On a tin foil covered baking pan bake Brussels sprouts at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until they start to brown.
5. Chop bacon into small pieces.
6. Move Brussels Sprouts from pan back to bowl. Add honey, vinaigrette, bacon and toss.
Can be paired with any protein; chicken, steak or fish for a delicious and balanced lunch or dinner.
*BEWARE: These are so delicious that your kids will think they are eating candy. They also have been found to cause a crazy addiction to Brussels sprouts in adults. ENJOY!
I love pancakes; dislike flour. Try these FLOUR-LESS pancakes this morning. Add 100% pure natural maple syrup and ENJOY
Ingredients: 1 banana, 2 eggs
1. Wisk or mash together banana and eggs (add cinnamon for taste).
2. Fry on stovetop.
3. Serve with Organic Maple Syrup or fruit.
STOP before you grab that chocolate bar or bag of chips! Your body is not craving those bad foods, don’t be fooled! You can satisfy those cravings with these healthy food choices to sustain your appetite.